Youth Exchange: “DO IT YOURSELF”
Dates of the youth exchange: 15 – 25 August 2022
Place: Bernāti, Latvia (Baltic sea!)
Participating countries: Latvia, Belgium, Poland, Croatia, Spain, Georgia
Participants: 5 participants (age 18-29) +1 team leader (25+)
Application deadline: ASAP (read below how to apply)
INFO PACK (available for download)
IS BEING YOUNG EASY?
You need to be a good student, so later you can find a good job.
You need to be a good kid, so your parents can be proud of you.
You need to be a good citizen because this is what they say: “Young people are the future”.
ARE YOU READY FOR WHAT WILL COME?
“DO IT YOURSELF” is…
A YOUTH EXCHANGE
Youth exchanges create a space where young people from different countries can live and work together
to gain knowledge, improve skills, and change attitudes and behaviours.
Youth exchanges offer opportunities for young people to:
• develop competencies, such as communication in foreign languages, social and civic competencies,
European awareness, taking initiative and responsibility,
• become aware of socially relevant topics,
• discover new cultures, habits and lifestyles,
• strengthen European values like solidarity, democracy, equality, diversity and friendship.
We are looking for 5 participants (+ 1 team leader) who are:
- age 18 – 29,
- Croatian residents,
- able to communicate in English,
- strongly motivated to engage in the project,
- have the interest to learn and are willing to participate actively,
- have a willingness to do self-reflection techniques to learn more about oneself, others and the world itself,
- open to different cultures and new learning methods.
- The team leader has to be available for online APV on 25th of June (and there is no upper age limit – that means if you are older than 30 you can apply for the team leader position 😉 ).
This project is financed by Erasmus +, covering all costs like travel, accommodation, and food during the exchange duration.
Erasmus + program is covering total costs of accommodation and food (3 meals per day + snacks with a coffee break) during the youth exchange.
There is an annual membership for joining our mobility projects. The price of membership is different for active and passive members, volunteers, or newcomers, so for detailed info click here. Membership has to be covered 3 weeks before the departure date.
Participants are buying tickets with the help of organizers and travel costs are going to be reimbursed after the project. The maximum travel reimbursement budget for a participant from Croatia is 275 EUR.
DO I NEED TO KNOW SOMETHING MORE?
If you want to participate, you need to agree with the rules and conditions by signing a participation contract and including it in the application. Applications without a signed contract and CV are not going to be accepted. So, better be serious and read all the info about the project one more time including your personal time management.
HOW TO APPLY?
– CV in English or Croatian,
– Signed participation contract (click to open).
All data is going to be handled according to GDPR regulations.
Just to be sure you have done everything right, read 3 steps to apply for our granted Erasmus + project calls.
Selected participants, as well as candidates on the waiting lists, will be informed about the results asap. If you are going to be selected, you will need to fill in the application form for the organizers.
TO GOOD TO BE TRUE?
Our young volunteers are working hard, investing their energy, knowledge, and free time to make this opportunity possible. Why? Because we are in love with mobility and striving to open even more international opportunities for young people and youth workers in Croatia and wider who invest time in self-development and make positive changes in their environments.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUPPORT OUR SMALL STEPS TO GREAT POSITIVE CHANGES?
Our projects would be even more productive and beneficial with small financial injections. So, please, feel invited to invest in youth education, future and entrepreneurial spirit. <3