When: 3rd – 13th December 2019
Where: Slettestrand, Denmark
Who: Youth-workers (2 participants)
Travel budget for participants from Croatia: 275€
Deadline: 25th October 2019 until 12:00 am
INFO PACK (free to download)
EU4You: Training Course for Youth Workers
“EU4You” is a 11-day Training Course aiming to increase knowledge, understanding and awareness among young people regarding the importance of the EU and to contribute at combating populist movement.
The Training Course will bring together 25 participants from Romania, Cyprus, the Republic of North Macedonia, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, Italy, Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Czech Republic and Denmark.
The project will take place between the 3rd – 13th December 2019 (the 3rd being the arrival day and the 13th being the departure day).
The objectives of the activity are:
- to enhance the knowledge of youth workers participating in the project upon the EU’s impact on our daily lives,
- to enhance critical thinking and media literacy skills of youth workers,
- to provide youth workers with tools and methods to raise awareness amongst the young people upon the importance of the EU and give them skills to decipher a populist message,
- to foster cooperation between European organizations in the field of promotion of the EU awareness and combating Euroscepticism. The Training Course will be conducted in English and translation will not be provided. Therefore, the participants are expected to have a good level of English, both written and spoken.
In order to participate, the candidates should be motivated to promote EU awareness amongst their local young people, but in need of acquiring methods and tools and strengthening their own understanding and knowledge upon EU evolution.
Furthermore, participants must fulfil the following requirements:
- 18 +,
- Croatian residents,
- youth workers, young leaders, active members of associations,
- fluent in English (Candidates who do not fulfil the above requirements will not be considered, and, hence, be taken off the list)
- to prove motivation to facilitate or support young people in increasing knowledge, awareness and understanding of the EU;
- to demonstrate a plan on dissemination and multiplication of the learning outcomes;
Within 9 days after the selection results are announced, participants must purchase their travel tickets preapproved by organizers to the activity venue and send the organisers a copy of these.
Participants in the training course will develop a brochure of methods and best practices on promoting EU amongst young people. Regarding this, the selected participants will be required to send in advance examples of non-formal education methods or best practices within the following topics:
-evolution of the European Union-the decision
-making process in the EU-media literacy for a more responsible society
-fight against populism.
Selected participants shall send their contribution to the organizers Inter College no later than 19th of November 2019.
This project is financed by Erasmus +, so all costs like travel, accommodation, and food during the exchange duration are covered. The maximum travel budget for the Croatian team is 275 EUR per participant, and it will be reimbursed to participants after the end of all project activities.
There is also a reservation fee which you need to cover before the project starts for administration costs and organizational development to Association Strive! if you are going to be selected. You can ask your university, company, NGO or other entity you are involved in to help you cover the fee.
- Strive! volunteers: free of charge
- Active members of Association: 150 kn/20 EUR
- Not related to Association/ first time applying: 210 kn/30 EUR
ARE WE GETTING ANY CERTIFICATE?
You will have the opportunity to earn Youthpass – recognition tool for non-formal & informal learning on youth projects. It’s more than just a certificate. Trust us.
HOW TO APPLY?
You have to fill up the application form for participants from Croatia and send us your CV to email@example.com. Don’t miss the application deadline 25th of October 2019 no later than 12:00 am and reading the info pack before applying.
Some questions to have in mind while applying:
- As per your profile, what motivates you to participate in this project?
- What is your experience with the theme of the project and young people?
- Why do you think this project is important?
- What will be your contribution to this project?
- Please give concrete examples on how you could disseminate (share and spread) the project results?
Would you like to support us in the creation of mobility projects? Click here.